700 North & South Road
St. Louis, MO 63130 | 314-863-7485
Friday, August 26, 2016
Mincha: 6:00 pm
Candlelighting no earlier than: 6:16 pm
Candlelighting preferred time: 6:35 pm
Candlelighting no later than: 7:21 pm
SHABBOS PARSHAS EKEV
Annual General Shul Members Meeting is upcoming a week from Sunday, on September 4th. Meeting begins at 10:30 am, to be followed by a light brunch, for adults only, at 11:30 am. Members MUST RSVP to the Shul office if you plan to attend the brunch, so we can plan accordingly. Please RSVP no later than next week.
Rabbi Tzvi and Gay Lee Freedman invite everyone to a Kiddush after davening at the Agudah shul to celebrate the aufruf of Dovid Freedman.
There will be a Shabbos Kallah this Shabbos for Esther Menucha Weiman at the Weiman home, 7900 Amherst at 4:00 pm.
Tomchei Shabbos: The Tomchei Shabbos pantry has a new home at 8147 Delmar, Suite #2. Come and see the new facility on Sunday, August 28,2:00-4:00, and help us stock the shelves by bringing non-perishable food items. Light refreshments will be served, and our new cookbook will be available for purchase. Tomchei Shabbos tribute cards will also be available, both for the general fund and the Diamant Meat Fund. Cards are always available by contacting Tammy Friedman at 314-226-9777.
St Louis Kollel announces its newest initiative… “Senior Kollel” beginsWednesday, September 7th: Seniors will now have the opportunity to learn Mishnah, Chumash, Halacha and more at locations throughout the community Monday through Thursday for two hours each day under the leadership and direction of Rabbi Gidon Nitsun. An added component will be an emphasis on memory strengthening with programs and lectures open to the public led by Dr. Yochanan Silverman, Medical Advisor to the Kollel. Guest speakers and workshops geared to assisting the senior population in being proactive in other health-related areas is also included in this initiative. This program has been warmly endorsed by local Rabbis throughout the community. For sponsorship opportunities and additional information, contact Leon Nitsun (317) 626-4240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Women’s Sunday morning Tehillim Group will meet this week, August 21st, at Marcia Esrig’s home, 958 Briarwood Lane. If you cannot participate in person, please call or text her cell phone number 314-313-3677. On Sunday, August 28th, Tehillim will return to Jan Adelman’s home, 8032 Amherst Ave, (314) 863-5438. The Tehillim hotline (names and updates) is: (314) 441-6460.
Zev Greenberg........Sunday, 8/28/2016........Av 24, 5776
Sima Thea............Monday, 8/29/2016..........Av 25, 5776
Sheldon Grafman....Tuesday, 8/30/2016.....Av 26, 5776
Jennie Tucker..........Tuesday, 8/30/2016.....Av 26, 5776
Chaim Miller...........Friday, 9/2/2016..........Av 29, 5776
CLASSES AT U.CITY SHUL
▪ Wednesday night men’s Bais Medrash program following Maariv: Learning with Rabbi Yaakov Pentelnik on Chumash, Rabbi Dan Morris on Nesivos Shalom/The Ways of Inner Peace, Rabbi Yonason Goldson on Prophets, and Rabbi Menachem Tendler, for teens.
▪ Tefila class given by Rabbi Yonason Goldson on Tuesday evenings meets at the home of Genevieve Kramer, 7732 Gannon.
▪ The laws of making Brochos given by Rabbi Shmuel Greenwald - weekly class on Sunday nights, to men and women at Todd and Sarah Rush’s home.
▪ Chumash class for men taught by Rabbi Herber Sunday evenings one hour before mincha.
▪ Rabbi Herber teaches a Gemorra shiur for men Thursday evenings one hour before mincha.
▪ Pirkei Avos class with Rabbi Tendler, 40 minutes before mincha.
▪ Path of the Just class with Rabbi Goldson, 45 minutes before Pirkei Avos.
▪ Baal T’filoh classes at U.City Shul: Thursday evenings after ma’ariv at8:30 pm. Given by Hazzan Howard Shalowitz in memory of his father-in-law, Carl Katzen. Tonight is the final session of the series.
Shabbos morning groups for children up to age 8 starting at 10:15 a.m.
Friday, Aug 26, 22 Av
Shacharis 7:00 am
Mincha, Kabbalas Shabbos, Ma’ariv 6:00 pm
No earlier than 6:16 pm
Prefered candlelighting 6:35 pm
Candlelighting no later than 7:21 pm
Sunset 7:39 pm
Repeat Kriyas Shema 8:24 pm
Shabbos, Aug 27, 23 Av
Class 8:30 am
Shacharis 8:50 am
Say Shema Yisrael
According to Magen Avraham by 9:02 am
According to the Gra 9:44 am
Mesilas Yesharim class 5:45 pm
Pirkei Avos 6:30 pm
Mincha followed by family Shalosh Seudos 7:10 pm
Ma’ariv and Havdallah after 8:23 pm
Sun - Thurs, Aug 28 – Sept 1, 24 – 28 Av
Shacharis (Sunday) 8:30 am
Shacharis (MonThurs) 7:00 am
Mincha/Ma’ariv 7:15 pm
© 2016 Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol Sha'arei Chesed | 700 North & South | St. Louis MO | 63130 | 314-863-7485