700 North & South Road
St. Louis, MO 63130 | 314-863-7485
Friday, May 20, 2016
Mincha: 6:20 pm
Candlelighting no earlier than: 6:41 pm
Candlelighting preferred time: 6:55 pm
Candlelighting no later than: 7:53 pm
SHABBOS PARSHAS EMOR
Kiddush this Shabbos is sponsored by Alan & Dena Sigman in memory of their grandparents, Devorah bas Avraham, Yitzchak ben Meir, and Tova bas Yisrael Hillel.
Shabbos morning teen minyan this week.
Shabbos Zone for boys on Shabbos afternoon.
Sunday morning Learning Program on Sunday at 11:00 a.m. with Avi Roberts. This week’s topic is “Aspects of the Number Fifty”.
Mazel tov to Jonathan & Channie Spetner and to Deena Spetner on the birth of a grandson in Chicago.
Women’s Tehillim Group: The group meets Sunday mornings at 9:15 am at the home of Jan Adelman, 8032 Amherst Ave. If you cannot participate in person, please call (314) 863-5438. .
Kashrus Advisory from the Vaad Hoeir: HyVee Pancake & Sausage on a Stick bears an unauthorized O-U D. This product is not kosher. Corrective actions are being implemented.
The following yahrzeits will be observed this week:
Henry Krakow.........Sunday, 5/22/2016.........Iyar 14, 5776
Abe Raskas...... ..Sunday, 5/22/2016... ...Iyar 14, 5776
Victor M. Hermelin......Wednesday, 5/25/2016...Iyar 17, 5776
Louis Horwitz........Thursday, 5/26/2016.........Iyar 18, 5776
Etta Parker .........Thursday, 5/26/2016.........Iyar 18, 5776
Jeanette Ribstein......Friday, 5/27/2016........Iyar 19, 5776
CLASSES AT U.CITY SHUL
▪ Wednesday night men’s Bais Medrash program following Maariv: Learning with Rabbi Yaakov Pentelnik on Chumash, Rabbi Dan Morris on Nesivos Shalom/The Ways of Inner Peace, Rabbi Yonason Goldson on Prophets, and Rabbi Menachem Tendler, for teens.
▪ Tefila class given by Rabbi Yonason Goldson on Tuesday evenings meets at the home of Genevieve Kramer, 7732 Gannon.
▪ The laws of making Brochos given by Rabbi Shmuel Greenwald - weekly class on Sunday nights, to men and women at Todd and Sarah Rush’s home.
▪ Chumash class for men taught by Rabbi Herber Sunday evenings one hour before mincha.
▪ Rabbi Herber teaches a Gemorra shiur for men Thursday evenings one hour before mincha.
▪ Pirkei Avos class with Rabbi Tendler, 40 minutes before mincha.
▪ Path of the Just class with Rabbi Goldson, 45 minutes before Pirkei Avos.
Shabbos morning groups for children up to age 8 starting at 10:15 a.m.
Friday, May 20, 12 Iyar
Shacharis 7:00 am
Mincha, Kabbalas Shabbos, Ma’ariv 6:20 pm
No earlier than 6:41 pm
Prefered candlelighting 6:55 pm
No later than 7:53 pm
Sunset 8:11 pm
Repeat Kriyas Shema & Count Omer After 8:56 pm
Shabbos, May 21, 13 Iyar
Class 8:30 am
Shacharis 8:50 am
Say Shema Yisrael
According to Magen Avraham by 8:33 am
According to the Gra 9:21 am
Mesilas Yesharim class 6:15 pm
Pirkei Avos 7:00 pm
Mincha followed by family Shalosh Seudos 7:40 pm
Ma’ariv and Havdallah after 8:57 pm
Sun-Thurs, May 22-26, 14-18 Iyar
Shacharis (Sunday) 7:00 am
Shacharis (Mon-Thurs) 8:30 am
Mincha/Ma’ariv 7:55 pm
© 2016 Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol Sha'arei Chesed | 700 North & South | St. Louis MO | 63130 | 314-863-7485