700 North & South Road
St. Louis, MO 63130 | 314-863-7485
Friday, August 19, 2016
Mincha: 6:00 pm
Candlelighting no earlier than: 6:25 pm
Candlelighting preferred time: 6:35 pm
Candlelighting no later than: 7:31 pm
SHABBOS NACHAMU - PARSHAS VA'ESCHANAN
We welcome everyone coming to the Shabbos Nachamu Shabbaton.
Kiddush this week is sponsored in honor of Menashe and Tami Hamm who are moving to Israel . Sponsored by their friends and family.
Shalosh Seudos this week is sponsored by Mordechai & Shana Okolica.
There is NO Teen Minyan this week.
Motzei Shabbos concert with the Weinreb Bros. & Co from NYC – doors open at 10 pm. Concert is $20 per attendee with a family maximum of $50. No reservations needed.
Kashrus Advisory from the Vaad Hoeir:Unger's Pearled Barley, in particular lot #26917 and #62318, has been found to be infested and should not be used without checking the product thoroughly. Measures are being taken to prevent the rampant infestation of the barley.
Women’s Sunday morning Tehillim Group will meet this week, August 21st, at Marcia Esrig’s home, 958 Briarwood Lane. If you cannot participate in person, please call or text her cell phone number 314-313-3677. On Sunday, August 28th, Tehillim will return to Jan Adelman’s home, 8032 Amherst Ave, (314) 863-5438. The Tehillim hotline (names and updates) is: (314) 441-6460.
Sam Brody........Monday, 8/22/2016.......Av 18, 5776
Aaron Covitz.....Monday, 8/22/2016......Av 18, 5776
Chaya Raskas....Wednesday, 8/24/2016...Av 20, 5776
Eva Zaltsman....Thursday, 8/25/2016.....Av 21, 5776
CLASSES AT U.CITY SHUL
▪ Wednesday night men’s Bais Medrash program following Maariv: Learning with Rabbi Yaakov Pentelnik on Chumash, Rabbi Dan Morris on Nesivos Shalom/The Ways of Inner Peace, Rabbi Yonason Goldson on Prophets, and Rabbi Menachem Tendler, for teens.
▪ Tefila class given by Rabbi Yonason Goldson on Tuesday evenings meets at the home of Genevieve Kramer, 7732 Gannon.
▪ The laws of making Brochos given by Rabbi Shmuel Greenwald - weekly class on Sunday nights, to men and women at Todd and Sarah Rush’s home.
▪ Chumash class for men taught by Rabbi Herber Sunday evenings one hour before mincha.
▪ Rabbi Herber teaches a Gemorra shiur for men Thursday evenings one hour before mincha.
▪ Pirkei Avos class with Rabbi Tendler, 40 minutes before mincha.
▪ Path of the Just class with Rabbi Goldson, 45 minutes before Pirkei Avos.
▪ Baal T’filoh classes at U.City Shul: Thursday evenings after ma’ariv at8:45 pm. Given by Hazzan Howard Shalowitz in memory of his father-in-law, Carl Katzen.
Shabbos morning groups for children up to age 8 starting at 10:15 a.m.
Parshas Va'eschanan – Shabbos Nachamu
Friday, Aug 19, 15 Av
**Shacharis 7:00 am
Mincha, Kabbalas Shabbos, Ma’ariv 6:00 pm
No earlier than 6:25 pm
Prefered candlelighting 6:35 pm
No later than 7:31 pm
Sunset 7:49 pm
Repeat Kriyas Shema after 8:34 pm
Shabbos, Aug 20, 16 Av
Class 8:30 am
Shacharis 8:50 am
Say Shema Yisrael
According to Magen Avraham by 8:59 am
According to the Gra 9:42 am
Mesilas Yesharim class 5:40 pm
Pirkei Avos 6:25 pm
Mincha followed by family Shalosh Seudos 6:55 pm
Ma’ariv and Havdalah 8:33 pm
Sun - Thurs, Aug 21 - 25, 17 – 21 Av
Shacharis (Sunday) 8:30 am
Shacharis (MonThurs) 7:00 am
Mincha/Ma’ariv 7:25 pm
© 2016 Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol Sha'arei Chesed | 700 North & South | St. Louis MO | 63130 | 314-863-7485