700 North & South Road
St. Louis, MO 63130 | 314-863-7485
Join our mailing list
Candlelighting July 18
Earliest candlelighting (not before)---6:52 pm
Preferred Candelighting-------------------6:55 pm
Candlelighting no later than-------------8:05 pm
Mincha, Kabbalos Shabbos, Ma'ariv---6:20 pm
At U.City Shul
Membership Meeting, with election of officers for the Board of Directors, will take place this Sunday morning, July 20 at 10:30 am. Following the meeting, there will be a continental brunch at 11:30 am, sponsored by Mrs. Gloria Feldman in memory of her husband Rubin Feldman. Brunch prepared by Jon Rubin Catering. There is no charge. Reservations are necessary. Adult members only, please. Any Shul member who plans to attend and has not yet given their reservation to the Shul office, please do so today.
Rabbi Tendler will be giving a special class to women this Shabbos at 6:20 pm on the Laws of the Three Weeks (50 minutes before Pirkei Avos).
Women’s Tehillim group meets at the home of Bobbi Gibli, 2 Delcrest Court, #204, Sundays @ 9:15 am. If you cannot participate in person, call 833-3352. The Tehillim hotline for names and updates is 995-7119.
Tomchei Shabbos is compiling a cookbook: Recipes requested in numerous catergories; submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsorship opportunities available. Cookbook to be dedicated in memory of Merle Hartstein, printed by her 1st yahrzeit.
The stone dedication for the late Mrs. Merle Hartstein will take place on Sunday, July 27th at 10:00 am at the Chevra Kadisha Cemetery, North & South and Page.
The following yahrzeits will be observed next week.
Esther Devorah Davis...Saturday, 7/19/2014......Tammuz 21, 5774
Ethel Rosenberg...........Saturday, 7/19/2014......Tammuz 21, 5774
Sam Tofle....................Sunday, 7/20/2014........Tammuz 22, 5774
Aaron Shcolnik............Wednesday, 7/23/2014...Tammuz 25, 5774
Classes at U.City Shul▪ Wednesday night men’s Bais Medrash program following Maariv: Learning with Rabbi Yaakov Pentelnik on Chumash, Rabbi Dan Morris on Nesivos Shalom/The Ways of Inner Peace, Rabbi Yonoson Goldson on Prophets, and Rabbi Menachem Tendler, for teens.
▪ Tefila class given by Rabbi Yonoson Goldson at the home of Mrs. Genevieve Kramer Tuesdays evenings.
▪ The laws of making Brochos given by Rabbi Shmuel Greenwald - weekly class on Sundaynights, to men and women at Todd and Sarah Rush’s home.
▪ Chumash class for men taught by Rabbi Herber Sunday evenings one hour before mincha;
▪ Rabbi Herber teaches a Gemorra shiur for men Thursday evenings one hour before mincha;
▪ Daf Yomi shiur daily at 6:00 am, before shacharis. On Shabbos class is held one hour and 40 minutes before mincha. Daf Yomi is given weekdays by Rabbi Ami Rosenbloom and on Shabbos by Jonathan Spetner.
▪ The Laws of Shabbos class given by Rabbi Avraham Cohen on Shabbos afternoons beginning 40 minutes before Pirkei Avos.
▪ Pirkei Avos with Rabbi Tendler 40 minutes before mincha on Shabbos afternoons.
Shabbos morning groups for children up to age 8 starting at 10:15 a.m.
Friday, July 18, 20 Tammuz
Shacharis 7:00 am
Mincha, Kabbalas Shabbos, Ma’ariv 6:20 pm
Preferred Candlelighting 6:55 pm
Candlelighting no earlier than 6:52 pm
Candlelighting no later than 8:05 pm
Sunset 8:23 pm
Repeat Kriyas Shema after 9:08 pm
Shabbos, July 19, 21 Tammuz
Class 8:30 am
Shacharis 8:50 am
According to Magen Avraham by 8:41 am
According to the G’ra by 9:29 am
Daf Yomi 6:10 pm
Laws of Shabbos class 6:10 pm
Class for women on Laws of Three Weeks 6:20 pm
Pirkei Avos 7:10 pm
Mincha followed by family Shalosh Seudos 7:50 pm
Ma’ariv and Havdallah after 9:07 pm
Sun-Thurs, July 20-24, 22-26 Tammuz
Shacharis (Sunday) 8:30 am
Shacharis (Mon - Thurs) 7:00 am
Mincha/Ma’ariv 8:00 pm
© 2014 Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol Sha'arei Chesed | 700 North & South | St. Louis MO | 63130 | 314-863-7485